Part Time Cook
We are looking for a part time cook to join our kitchen staff.
As we approach the busy summer season, we are looking for a cook to join our friendly team. We are an independent tea rooms set in a beautiful 17th century barn at the heart of a busy craft centre. Serving traditional tea rooms food to a high standard, we pride ourselves on our friendly service. We are looking for somebody to work 2-4 days a week (with the opportunity to pick up occasional evening shifts if desired) to help prepare meals.
Hours (we would consider 2 applicants for different days):
- Thursday and Friday 8:30-4:30
- Saturday and Sunday 7:30-4:30
- Preparing meals to order
- Preparation of homemade savoury and sweet items
- Cleaning up the kitchen space after cooking each meal and ensuring the prep area and kitchen is cleaned and sanitised at the end of the shift
- Restocking and rotating stock items as per established procedures
- Properly storing food items at appropriate temperatures
- Ordering new ingredients as required
- Maintaining all relevant food and hygeine logs with the assistance of the management team.
- Have Level 2 food hygiene qualification
- Have previous commercial kitchen experience (either previous work, or would consider newly qualified catering college qualification for the right candidate)
- Be confident in ordering and managing stock in the kitchen
- Pastry/Baking skills are a bonus!
Pay will be £12-16 per hour dependent upon experience
Please email email@example.com with your CV to apply